CTAN update: fontools
- New tool in the fontools collection: - splitttc: splits an OpenType Collection file into separate fonts - Changes in autoinst: - Added -mergeweights and -mergeshapes options - Improved parsing of fonts' widths and weights - Improved mapping of widths and weights to NFSS codes - Warn when installing fonts from multiple families - Added (simple) automatic recognition of sanserif and typewriter fonts - Added encoding files for T3 and TS3 to distribution - Bugs fixed: - always log results of font info parsing - -inferiors without value would gobble next option or argument - fixed error checking after calls to otfinfo
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/utilities/fontools More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/fontools We are supported by the TeX User Groups. Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Ina Dau --
fontools – Tools to simplify using fonts (especially TT/OTF ones)
This package provides tools to simplify using OpenType fonts with LaTeX.
By far the most important program in this bundle is autoinst:
- autoinst – a wrapper script around Eddie Kohler’s LCDF TypeTools. Autoinst aims to automate the installation of OpenType fonts in LaTeX by calling the LCDF TypeTools (with the correct options) for all fonts you wish to install, and generating the necessary .fd and .sty files.
In addition, this bundle contains a few other, less important utilities:
- afm2afm – re-encode .afm files,
- ot2kpx – extract kerning pairs from OpenType fonts,
- splitttc – split an OpenType Collection file (ttc or otc) into individual fonts.
|Copyright||2005–2019 Marc Penninga|
- 2019-11-19 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-10-30 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-10-28 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-10-02 CTAN update: fontools
- 2019-06-26 CTAN update: fontools
- 2019-04-17 CTAN update: fontools
- 2019-04-12 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-04-02 CTAN Update: fontools