CTAN update: fontools
Changes in autoinst: - Generated .fd files are better compatible with microtype - Always convert otf files to pfb - New command-line option to add a suffix to file and font names of generated pfb fonts (to help comply with a clause in the Open Font License that forbids redistributing modified versions under the original name) - Minor tweaks and bugfixes in the font metadata parsing.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/utilities/fontools More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/fontools CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Ina Dau --
fontools – Tools to simplify using fonts (especially TT/OTF ones)
This package provides tools to simplify using OpenType fonts with LaTeX.
By far the most important program in this bundle is autoinst:
- autoinst – a wrapper script around Eddie Kohler’s LCDF TypeTools. Autoinst aims to automate the installation of OpenType fonts in LaTeX by calling the LCDF TypeTools (with the correct options) for all fonts you wish to install, and generating the necessary .fd and .sty files.
In addition, this bundle contains a few other, less important utilities:
- afm2afm – re-encode .afm files,
- ot2kpx – extract kerning pairs from OpenType fonts,
- splitttc – split an OpenType Collection file (ttc or otc) into individual fonts.
|Copyright||2005–2021 Marc Penninga|
- 2020-07-30 CTAN update: fontools
- 2020-06-20 CTAN update: fontools
- 2020-05-28 CTAN update: fontools
- 2020-05-12 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-11-19 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-10-30 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-10-28 CTAN Update: fontools
- 2019-10-02 CTAN update: fontools