Latex2Nemeth – Convert LaTeX source to Braille with math in Nemeth
After many failed attempts to transcribe real math notes and books to Braille/Nemeth in order to deal with a real situation (blind student in Math Dept.), we decided to develop a new program that follows a direct, from LaTeX to Braille/Nemeth, approach. Other attempts (such as tex4ht) failed because they all needed an extra step to go from xml to Braille, and this step (say, with liblouis) produced incomprehensible output (liblouis focuses on Office apps).
Our main target was the Greek language which is only Braille level 1, but English at level 1 is supported as well. Simple pictures in PSTricks are also supported in order to produce tactile graphics with specialized equipment.
Note that embossing will need LibreOffice and odt2braille as this project does not deal with embossers’ drivers.
|Licenses||GNU General Public License, version 3|
|Copyright||2016–2020 Andreas Papasalοuros, Antonis Tsolomitis|
|Contained in||TeX Live as latex2nemeth|
MiKTeX as latex2nemeth
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (6.9M).
- 2020-03-19 CTAN Update: Latex2Nemeth
- 2017-11-29 CTAN update: latex2nemeth
- 2016-10-19 New on CTAN: latex2nemeth
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- latex2rtf: Convert LaTeX into Rich Text Format
- tex2mail: Converts TeX to mailable "ASCII art"
- pphlp: Generate VMS help files from LaTeX 2.09 source
- tex4ht: Convert (La)TeX to HTML/XML