longdivision – Typesets long division
This package executes the long division algorithm and typesets the solutions. The dividend must be a positive decimal number and the divisor must be a positive integer. Repeating decimals is handled correctly, putting a bar over the repeated part of the decimal. Dividends up to 20 digits long are handled gracefully (though the typeset result will take up about a page), and dividends between 20 and 60 digits long slightly less gracefully.
The package defines two macros, \longdivision and \intlongdivision. Each takes two arguments, a dividend and a divisor. \longdivision keeps dividing until the remainder is zero, or it encounters a repeated remainder. \intlongdivision stops when the dividend stops (though the dividend doesn’t have to be an integer).
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License|
|Contained in||TeX Live as longdivision|
MiKTeX as longdivision
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (150.3k).
- 2020-05-12 CTAN Update: longdivision
- 2019-03-26 CTAN update: longdivision
- 2017-02-07 CTAN Update: longdivision
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- ebproof: Formal proofs in the style of sequent calculus
- flexisym: Symbol manipulation for breqn
- bnumexpr: Extends ε-TeX’s \numexpr...\relax construct to big integers
- fp: Fixed point arithmetic