Help on CTAN
Which readme file is displayed in the CTAN browser directly?
The package folder in the CTAN browser immediately displays some text information about the current directory. This information has to be provided by the package author. The portal looks for certain files and includes the first one found – depending on their type:
Note that the readme files with anything but upper-case base names are displayed for historical packages. They are not accepted for new submissions.
The type TEXT is rendered as embedded pre-formatted text. The line breaks are left untouched. The character are escaped – if necessary – to be displayed properly.
The text is interpreted according to the CTAN markdown rules. These rules are a variant of Github-flavoured markdown. They determine how a text file can be rendered nicely from the readable text source.
- Where can I get help on TeX, LaTeX, and friends?
- Where can I report problems or request features for packages on CTAN?
- Where can I give feedback on the CTAN portal?
- Where can I request features for the portal?
- Which readme file is displayed in the CTAN browser directly?
- Which markdown syntax is recognized for the readme files?
- Where can I preview readme files?
- Which teaser images for packages or topics are used?
- How can I upload a package?
- How can I see what has been uploaded to CTAN?
- How can I submit modifications to a package?
- How can I donate to CTAN?
- How can I get rid of these HTMLified TeX logos?
- How can I get rid of those strange characters after cut and paste?
- How can I get rid of the varying appearance of the pages?